DID YOU KNOW?
Leaving a bubble or wave in your area rug will decrease its life.
WHAT CAUSES DAMAGE?
An area rug is meant to be laid flat on the floor. Daily use and furniture can exhort a lot of pressure on an area rug. This pressure magnifies and can cause an area rug to split apart and wear faster. An area rug repair should be scheduled as soon as you see signs of damage.
While your fine rug is an accent to your home decor, it may sometimes become damaged or worn. Jaiko Cleaning Services offers a full range of professional area rug repair and restoration services for all types of area rugs, including fine silk Oriental and Persian rugs. We proficiently repair and restore area rugs such as wool, silk, hand knotted rugs, machine-made and hand tufted rugs. We also specialize in restoration and conservation of antique area rugs.
Our expansive area rug repair department carries a huge inventory of wool yarn for color matching. Our repair artisans have received many years of training in order to become proficient and skilled in their craft. All area rug repair is performed on our premises and is fully insured. We offer competitive rates and all work is guaranteed.
During the area rug repair process, we inspect each area rug affected to determine the most efficient and effective way to perform the required repairs. We communicate the cost, expected length of time required for the repairs and expected results before we get started. We use proper area rug repair techniques and equipment to achieve the best area rug repair results possible. Once completed, in most cases, we offer a life time guarantee on your area rug repair.
- Addition of false fringe of various types, lengths and colors
- Fringe removal by two methods: Permanently removed and over sewn so that the rug does not fray; or, folded under and secured which can eventually be restored to the original state at any time.
- Fringe trimming
- Hand over-sew fringes to prevent unraveling.
SIDE AND END OF AREA RUG REPAIRS
- Rebind sides by hand and carefully match colors
- Repair, straighten, and over sew worn edges
REWEAVING OF HOLES AND DAMAGED AREAS
- Replace worn pile
- Reweaving and re-knotting of holes and rips in your rug
AREA RUG PATCHING
- Patch a hole or rip in your rug by applying a latex patch to the backing
AREA RUG PAINTING & COLOURING
- Hand paint worn areas on your rug to match the existing wool pile.
- Antique tea wash
Reduce the size
Increase the size
SLEEVE FOR WALL HANGING
- Rod sleeve pocket is hand sewn on the back of your rug for hanging on a wall
We can perform all types of specialty area rug repairs such as:
- Fire and Smoke damage
- Water damage
- Pet damage
- Moth damage
- Fabric wear
- Colour loss
- and much more
* We need to inspect your area rug in advance to advise you and we will gladly give you a quote for the professional area rug repair and restoration work to be performed.
We can do some amazing things!
Lastly, we want to ensure your complete satisfaction and will perform a post repair inspection with you before we leave. Answering any questions you may have about the area rug repair.
We proudly serve all of the Ottawa, Nepean, Kanata, Gloucester, Orleans, Rockland, Blackburn Hamlet, Riverside South, Greely, Manotick, Barrhaven, Dunrobin, Carp, Stittsville, Carleton Place, . We also offer pick-up and deliver service. Call 613-225-5145 for more information or to schedule an appointment.